Call for Papers
The Center for Inflation Research at the Federal Reserve Bank of Cleveland and the European Central Bank (ECB) will host the Inflation: Drivers and Dynamics 2024 Conference on October 24–25 in person at the Federal Reserve Bank of Cleveland. This annual conference brings together top researchers and policymakers from academia, central banks, and other policy institutions to present research findings related to inflation. Virtual attendance is available for individuals who are not presenting or serving as discussants.
Christina Romer (University of California, Berkeley) and Stephanie Schmitt-Grohe (Columbia University) will present keynote addresses.
Topics of interest include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Monetary and fiscal policy and inflation dynamics
- Optimal inflation
- Inflation expectations
- Sources of inflation persistence
- The impact of economic slack, input costs (including intermediate inputs, energy and commodity prices, and international components of costs), network effects, supply bottlenecks, sectoral dislocations, and climate transition on inflation dynamics
- Micro-level price dynamics and implications for aggregate inflation
- Inflation measurement
- Structural determinants of inflation dynamics and trend inflation (including digitalization, globalization, and demographic change)
- Labor markets, wage, and inflation dynamics
- Impacts of the recent high inflation period
Authors interested in presenting their research related to inflation should submit their papers through Conference Maker. The deadline for submissions is Friday, May 31, 2024. Authors of accepted papers will be notified by July 15, 2024. Presenters and discussants are expected to present in person. All papers presented at the conference will be posted on the websites of the Federal Reserve Bank of Cleveland and the ECB.
Ina Hajdini, Ed Knotek, Mathieu Pedemonte, Robert Rich (Federal Reserve Bank of Cleveland); Elena Bobeica, Michael Ehrmann, Sarah Holton, Peter Karadi, Chiara Osbat (ECB)
If you have a question, please contact email@example.com.