The Economic Scholars Program is a free economic research conference. This hybrid event allows undergraduate students to share their work, understand what it’s like to participate in an economic research conference, network with peers, and discover internship and employment openings with the Federal Reserve.
Register to attend the event in Cleveland or virtually. Registration is open through May 4 to attend virtually and for in-person attendance registration will close on April 21.
How can students get involved?
- Submit for a paper or poster session.
- Paper presenters: Students conducting original research in economics or finance are encouraged to submit a proposal for a paper session based on their independent research. Research can be independent, co-authored by other students, or faculty co-sponsored. Papers can be empirical, theoretical, or analytical in nature. A Peer Review Board will review all proposals and evaluate them based on a rubric.
- Poster presenters: Students can also submit a proposal for a poster session. A Peer Review Board will review all proposals and evaluate them based on a rubric. Final scores will determine acceptance for presentation at the event. Posters can be presented as a presentation or less formally during a reception following the presentations.
- Become a Discussant. Discussants help audience members better understand the proposal and help the author understand what can be done to improve the work. They read proposals carefully and take time to understand the contributions, strengths, and weaknesses of the proposal, and then provide comments and suggestions for the author to consider. Discussants should be prepared to deliver 5–7 minutes of remarks following the presentation.
- Serve as a Session Chair. Session Chairs are responsible for timekeeping during the session, introducing presenters and discussants, and managing questions from the audience.
IMPORTANT DEADLINES FOR THE 2023 EVENT
Applications are closed for the various roles. Applicants will be notified of their acceptance.
Get further information about roles and more deadline details.
When and Where
May 5, 2023
9:00 AM to 6:00 PM ET
Attend in person in Cleveland or virtually
Questions? Email firstname.lastname@example.org