The Community Development Department convenes key stakeholders on a variety of topics impacting underserved and lower-income individuals and communities.
Community development spans issues such as workforce development, small business credit and access to good jobs and affordable housing that affect regions across the nation in distinct ways. Beginning in the early 2000s, the Cleveland Fed has convened a regional policy forum for exploring such issues in low- and moderate-income communities. The now-biennial Policy Summit, a multiday event, offers attendees the latest research on and best practices for addressing challenges facing low- and moderate-income communities. Attendees explore examples of local successes and have outside-the-Beltway conversations about policy solutions with fellow researchers, funders, and practitioners. Delve into our premier event.
Investment Connection is a program that brings community-based organizations together with bankers and other funders to address the current and future needs of low- and moderate-income, distressed, and underserved communities. It does this two ways: by hosting in-person events during which community-based organizations share Community Reinvestment Act (CRA)-eligible projects with financial institutions and other funders (foundations, CDFIs, and government entities), and by providing an online portal where funders can filter proposals by geography or issue. Learn more.
- Policy Summit 2019: Connecting People & Places to Opportunity
- Harvesting Opportunity: The Power of Regional Food System Investments to Transform Communities
- 2017 Policy Summit on Housing, Human Capital, and Inequality
- The Community Reinvestment Act (CRA) for Community Based Organizations
- Addressing the Impacts of Lead: Moving Toward Prevention
- Community Development Investments: Foundations for Growth
- Equitable Transit-Oriented Development Symposium
- 2016 Regional Workforce Development Forum
- 2015 Policy Summit on Housing, Human Capital, and Inequality
- Shale Symposium
- Building Healthy Communities Ohio
- Reinventing Older Communities: Bridging Growth and Opportunity Conference
- Getting Back in Gear: Better Ways to Move Stalled and Vacant Foreclosure Forward