Visitor Entry Requirements
Federal Reserve Bank of Cleveland Health & Safety Entry Protocols
All Federal Reserve Bank of Cleveland visitors must use the CLEAR app to generate a Health Pass prior to arriving at the Bank. You will need to present this Health Pass to gain entry to the Bank’s buildings. For international visitors, the CLEAR app won’t work, and instead you must bring your official physical vaccination card (a digital version will be accepted if necessary) and ID with you to gain building entry.
If you have not previously used the CLEAR app, the membership process will take approximately 10 minutes. You will need a government-issued photo ID.
- To download the CLEAR app either scan the above QR code or use this link to receive a text message on your mobile device.
- If prompted for code, enter FRBCLE.
- If you are a new user, you will be guided through enrollment steps during which you will need to upload an image of your government-issued photo ID and take a current self-image with your phone’s camera.
- Select, as appropriate, the prompt to VERIFY VACCINE.
- Connect your proof of COVID-19 vaccine by linking to a provider within the app. If provider is not found, you can manually enter your COVID-19 vaccination information and upload an image of your COVID-19 vaccination card.
The CLEAR app will display a Health Pass once all information is verified (note that this could take up to one hour). You will need to show your Health Pass (green or amber) at the screening checkpoint to enter the Bank. Here is what your color-coded Health Pass means:
- Green Health Pass: Vaccination requirements have been met; masking may be optional if current onsite safety protocol permits
- Amber Health Pass: COVID-19 vaccination requirements have not been met; masking is required
Your Health Pass will be active for five days. If you have questions, please contact your Cleveland Fed host.