Conference on Real-Time Data Analysis, Methods, and Applications
Organized by the Federal Reserve Bank of Cleveland and the Real-time Economics Conference
The Federal Reserve Bank of Cleveland is sponsoring the Annual Conference on Real-Time Data Analysis, Methods, and Applications in Macroeconomics and Finance to be held in Cleveland, Ohio, at the Cleveland Reserve Bank on Thursday and Friday, October 6–7, 2022.
The conference will bring together leading researchers who specialize in real-time analysis of economic data and will cover topics such as real-time macro- and financial econometrics, forecasting, and macroeconomic policy analysis, among others.
The organizers invite the submission of papers related to such topics as:
- Nowcasting, forecasting, and real-time monitoring of macroeconomic and financial conditions
- The use of real-time data in policy formulation and analysis
- New real-time macroeconomic and financial databases
- Real-time modeling and forecasting aspects of high-frequency financial data
- Survey data and their use in macro model analysis and evaluation
- Machine learning techniques
- Evaluation of data revision and real-time forecasts, including point forecasts, probability forecasts, density forecasts, risk assessments, and decompositions
Both theoretical and applied studies are welcome. Papers of potential interest to statistical agencies and policymakers are encouraged.
Submissions: Papers should be sent to Conference Maker before June 1, 2022.
Support: There is no registration fee. The Federal Reserve Bank of Cleveland will pay reasonable travel and accommodation expenses for authors of accepted papers.
Conference Steering Committee:
- Dean Croushore (University of Richmond)
- Domenico Giannone (Amazon and University of Washington)
- Barbara Rossi (ICREA, Universitat Pompeu Fabra, Barcelona School of Economics, and CREI)
- Tara Sinclair (George Washington University)
- Shaun Vahey (University of Warwick and CAMA)
- Simon van Norden (HEC Montréal and CIRANO)
- James Mitchell (Federal Reserve Bank of Cleveland)
- Saeed Zaman (Federal Reserve Bank of Cleveland)
If you have any questions, please contact us at Michelle.Weidner@clev.frb.org.