FedTalk: Special COVID-19 Edition: Researching Trends and the Impact of COVID-19
When & Where
12:00 PM to 1:00 PM
The coronavirus pandemic has had a significant impact on the Federal Reserve Bank of Cleveland’s research agenda. Please join us as three economists from the Cleveland Fed discuss their research on how COVID-19 is affecting communities in the Fourth District and the national economy.
Topics will include:
- Recent trends in confirmed COVID-19 cases and deaths
- Insight from economic models about how viruses spread
- The disproportionate impact of COVID-19 on low- and moderate-income communities
- Recent trends in evictions and renter protections
- Why COVID-19 will have different effects on the economy than the 1918 flu pandemic
This videoconference will include time to address audience questions.
- Joel Elvery – Federal Reserve Bank of Cleveland, Policy Economist -“Recent trends in COVID-19 mortality rates”
- Roberto Pinheiro – Federal Reserve Bank of Cleveland, Senior Economist -“Tools to evaluate COVID-19’s impact: history and models”
- Hal Martin – Federal Reserve Bank of Cleveland, Policy Economist –“Impacts of COVID-19 and the economic crisis on low- and moderate-income communities”
Moderated by Ken Surratt – Community Development Outreach Manager, Federal Reserve Bank of Cleveland