The Federal Reserve Bank of Cleveland's Virtual Summer Programming
Want to engage your kids during the summer? Join our #CLEFedSummerFun challenge with hands-on activities that we’ve created to teach important financial literacy concepts, while providing fun for the whole family!
To participate in this at-home, virtual fun, at the beginning of each challenge, download the activity sheet to get started. The activity sheet for each challenge will be posted on the start dates seen below.
What to do:
- Download and complete the activity sheet
- Read the special instructions on each activity sheet and take a photo
- Post the photo to Facebook or Twitter using the hashtag #CLEFedSummerFun
- Top photos will be showcased as “Weekly All Star Performers” via social media (Twitter, Facebook)
Riddle Me This! A Bartering Scavenger Hunt
(Ages 6–12)Learn about the characteristics of money and the concept of bartering through this interactive scavenger hunt. Solve a series of riddles that will lead you on a search for items throughout your home, requiring skills of analysis and deduction.
*If completing as a fillable PDF, change page view to a two-page layout.
Dream Board Collage
(Ages 6–12)Monte the Money Tree squirrel dreams of saving enough acorns to buy a tree house. What’s on your wish list? Share your savings goals by creating your very own dream board.
Where in the World is Monte?
(Ages 10–14)Join Monte, our Money Tree mascot, for a cross-country journey! He has a lot of curiosity and wants to explore some of his favorite destinations to learn about the history of money. His adventures will take you to the US Treasury, the US Mint, and beyond. Oh, the places he might go!*
*To access the fillable PDF please follow the additional steps. Answer sheets can be opened using Adobe. For access:
- Click on the appropriate link, then open the attachment.
- In order to save the file, click on the download arrow icon in the upper right-hand corner.
- After the file is saved, the fillable pdf should open in Adobe Acrobat.
The Art of Making Money
(Ages 6–12)Have you ever wondered what money might look like 50, 100 or even 1,000 years from now? You be the artist! Put your own stamp on money with your most creative designs.
Bank Vault Lego Challenge
(All Ages) July 1st–July 31stTest your engineering skills by constructing a secure bank vault that can withstand the most challenging tests. You are the architect and the site manager who will estimate the materials, draft a plan, and then build away!
(All Ages)Are you looking for something fun to try with the whole family? Look no further than our virtual jigsaw puzzles that will test your knowledge of currency designs and historical architecture.
- Silver Certificate (50 pieces)
- Monte the Money Tree Squirrel (50 pieces)
- Great Minds Think (60 pieces)
- Barter Island (50 pieces)
- Integrity Statue (50 pieces)
- The Vault Door (50 pieces)
- Historic Lobby (60 pieces)
- Federal Reserve (60 pieces)
- The Vault (75 pieces)
- Historic Lobby Ceiling (75 pieces)
- Historic Vault (200 pieces)
Summer Reading List
(Ages 6–14)Check out our suggested summer reads, which aim to teach students about money, personal finance, and other important financial literacy topics.
Questions? Contact us at Learningcenter@clev.frb.org