Economic Modeling ~ Macroeconomic Measurement
Paul Gomme and Peter Rupert
Link to the paper "Theory, Measurement, and Calibration of Macroeconomic Models"
Note: The depreciation rates in the guide.xls above are computed using an Excel add-in, quartic solver. Click here to download the quartic solver.
Instructions for installing quartic solver:
- Download the file, polynomials.zip, unzip it into the directory of your choice.
- After the unzip, you will see two files: polynomials.xla and polynomials.hlp
- Open Excel and add the polynomials.xla file as an Add-In (Tools > Add-Ins…)
- You should be able to see four new functions in the User Defined category. They are Quadratic, Cubic, Quartic, and Biquadratic.
- If you need help for any of these functions, you can use the function wizard in same way as you would use for any other Excel function.