Data Updates

Data Updates

Keeping you up to date on the latest data releases.

August 2014

  • 12.12.2013
  • Retail Sales
  • Total retail sales increased at a nonannualized rate of 0.7 percent in November, year-over-year sales are up 4.7 percent. Auto sales increased 1.8 percent and over the past 12 months, retail sales excluding autos have increased 0.4 percent. Contributing to the monthly gain in total sales were improvements for non-store retailers (up 2.2 percent), motor vehicle and parts (up 1.8 percent), and building materials (up 1.8 percent). Sectors that saw the largest declines in November were gasoline stations (down −1.1 percent), clothing and accessories (down −0.2 percent), and food and beverages (down −0.1 percent). A less volatile indicator of sales growth, “core” retail sales (which excludes sales of autos, building supplies, and gas stations), increased 0.6 percent in November. On a year-over-year basis, core retail sales are up 4.5 percent.