Data Updates

Data Updates

Keeping you up to date on the latest data releases.

September 2014

  • 10.23.2013
  • Import and Export Prices
  • Import prices increased 0.2 percent after rising at the same pace in August, which was unchanged prior to revisions. Petroleum prices, up 0.8 percent, drove the change in the overall index while nonpetroleum prices remained unchanged. On a year-over-year basis, import prices fell −1.0 percent, marking the second month of yearly declines. At −0.4 percent, petroleum prices fell on a year-over-year basis for the first time since May of this year. Nonpetroleum prices dropped −1.0 percent in September, the seventh consecutive month of yearly declines.

    Export prices ticked up 0.3 percent from August to September after posting monthly declines the past six months. On a year-over-year basis, export prices fell −1.6 percent after falling −1.1 percent in August.