Paul Gomme and Peter Rupert
Use the tool below to investigate the model explained in "Theory, Measurement, and Calibration of Macroeconomic Models."
Data Download Section
OR Download the complete set as an Excel file: guide2005
The depreciation rates in the file guide2005 are computed using an Excel add-in, the quartic solver. Click here to download the quartic solver.
Instructions for installing quartic solver:
- Download the file, polynomials.zip, unzip it into the directory of your choice.
- After the unzip, you will see two files: polynomials.xla and polynomials.hlp
- Open Excel and add the polynomials.xla file as an Add-In (Tools > Add-Ins…)
- You should be able to see four new functions in the User Defined category. They are Quadratic, Cubic, Quartic, and Biquadratic.
- If you need help for any of these functions, you can use the function wizard in same way as you would use for any other Excel function.