Submission Requirements :: 2014 Creative Writing Contest
- Acceptable written compositions for this contest include essays, poems, plays and short stories. No other types of compositions or media will be accepted.
- Each student may submit only one entry, which must represent his or her original research, writing, and thinking.
- One student must work independently on each entry; Group entries will not be accepted.
- Electronic entries will be accepted.
- Each student must mail the Student Entry Form--signed by the student, parent or guardian, and teacher--to the Federal Reserve Bank of Cleveland. Students who choose to mail their compositions to the Fed must submit two copies. Students also have the option of submitting their compositions by email.
- Entries may not contain profanity, belittling terms, or violent language, ideas, or themes. Compositions with any such references will be disqualified.
- Compositions must be no more than three typed pages, double-spaced, single-sided, in 12-point type with 1-inch margins. (Page limit does not include title page and bibliography.)
- Compositions must include a title page containing the following information:
Students’s name (on title page only)
School’s name, address, and telephone number
Teacher’s name and email address
Primary and secondary sources clearly identified as to author, title, and publication date.
- Entries will not be returned to the author or teacher.
- Score sheets will not be made available to students or teachers.
- Employees of the Federal Reserve Bank of Cleveland and their immediate families are not eligible to enter.
Mail your entry form and two copies of your composition to:
Creative Writing Contest 2014
Federal Reserve Bank of Cleveland
PO Box 6387
Cleveland, Ohio 44101-1387
Or mail just your entry form, and email your composition to email@example.com
For more information, contact April McClellan-Copeland at 216.774.2756 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Read the contest rules and guidelines and see examples of winning essays from previous years at www.clevelandfed.org/learning_center