Submission Requirements :: 2012 Creative Writing Contest
- Acceptable written compositions for this contest include essays, short stories, poems, and plays. No other types of submissions or media will be accepted.
- Each student may submit only one composition, which must represent their original research, writing, and thinking.
- New this year: In addition to hard copies, electronic entries will be accepted.
- Each student must mail the Student Entry Form--signed by the student, parent or guardian, and teacher--to the Federal Reserve Bank of Cleveland. Students who choose to mail their compositions to the Fed must submit two copies. Students also have the option of submitting their compositions by email.
- Subject matter may not contain profanity, belittling terms, or violent language, ideas, or themes. Compositions with any such references will be disqualified.
- Written compositions must be at least one and no more than three typed pages, double-spaced, single-sided, in 12-point type with 1-inch margins. (Page limit does not include title page and bibliography.)
- Compositions must include a title page containing the following information:
Students’s name (on title page only)
School’s name, address, and telephone number
Teacher’s name and email address
- References to primary and secondary sources must be clearly identified as to author, title, and date.
- Each student must complete the Student Entry Form signed by the student, parent or guardian, and teacher—and submit it with two copies of their composition.
- Entries will not be returned to the author or teacher.
- Score sheets will not be made available to students or teachers.
- Employees of the Federal Reserve Bank of Cleveland and their immediate families are not eligible to enter.
Mail your entry form and two copies of your composition to:
Creative Writing Contest 2012
Federal Reserve Bank of Cleveland
PO Box 6387
Cleveland, Ohio 44101-1387
Or mail just your entry form, and email your composition to firstname.lastname@example.org (NEW!)
For more information, contact April McClellan-Copeland at 216.774.2756 or email@example.com.
Read the contest rules and guidelines and see examples of winning essays from previous years at www.clevelandfed.org/learning_center