Who We Are
The Federal Reserve Bank of Cleveland is one of twelve regional Reserve Banks that together with the Board of Governors in Washington, DC, make up the Federal Reserve System, the central bank of the United States.
The Cleveland Reserve Bank, including branch offices in Cincinnati and Pittsburgh, serves the Fourth Federal Reserve District (Ohio, western Pennsylvania, the northern panhandle of West Virginia, and eastern Kentucky).
About the Federal Reserve System
The Federal Reserve System formulates and implements U.S. monetary policy, supervises banks and bank holding companies, and provides financial services to depository institutions and the federal government.
What We Do
- The Central Bank of the United States
- Cash Services
- Check Processing
- Community Development
- Consumer Protection
- Credit Risk Management
- Economic Research and Monetary Policy
- Education and Public Programs
- Financial Institution Reporting
- Government Payment Systems
- Supervision and Regulation of Financial Institutions
- Treasury Retail Securities