Federal Reserve Bank of Cleveland
Three larger-than-life statues grace the exterior of the Cleveland Federal Reserve Bank, two in stone and one in bronze. All three were sculpted by Henry Hering of New York City, a student of the sculptor Augustus Saint-Gaudens.
Two stone figures guard the main entrance to the bank on East 6th Street. According to an internal Federal Reserve document, Building of the Federal Reserve Bank of Cleveland, dated March 1, 1937, the female figure on the right entitled Security, “gazes forth in firm strength, clad in armor and bearing in one hand her iron-bound casket, in the other her sturdy sword.”
The same source notes that Integrity, the statue on the other side of the entrance, is “crowned with olive,…her gaze fixed on a future untroubled by doubt. In one hand she bears the important rolls of office … In her other, she raises a rod, tipped with an uplifted right hand symbolic of the oath… of responsibility.”