You're Invited: Policy Summit on Housing, Human Capital and Inequality, Sponsored by Cleveland and Philadelphia Feds
Join us September 19 and 20 in Cleveland for two days of dynamic discourse about the challenges facing our communities. The 2013 Policy Summit on Housing, Human Capital, and Inequality, sponsored by the Federal Reserve Banks of Cleveland and Philadelphia, will focus on effective strategies to strengthen and rebuild communities, particularly those in older industrial cities.
Keynote speakers include Sandra Pianalto, president and CEO of the Cleveland Reserve Bank, and Eldar Shafir, a Princeton University behavioral psychologist and public policy expert.
Conference sessions will focus on:
- The future of housing finance
- Small business trends and policies
- Addressing student loan debt
- Payday loans and affordable short-term credit
- The current state of household balance sheets
- Consumer finances protection in the new regulatory environment
- The relationship between unemployment, unemployment insurance, and mortgage default
- Nontraditional means of stabilizing neighborhoods
- How Qualified Residential Mortgage (QRM) rules will affect banks
- How regulatory agencies plan and implement enforcement strategies
Don’t miss this opportunity to engage with experts in the community and economic development industries. Check out the full agenda, and register today by contacting June Gates at the Cleveland Fed at 216/579-2048 or at firstname.lastname@example.org. Registration for members of the news media is free, but you must register in advance.
The Policy Summit will take place at the InterContinental Hotel & Conference Center, located on the campus of the Cleveland Clinic in Cleveland, Ohio.